Website Manager Chair
WEBSITE MANAGER CHAIR
The Website Manager Chair is responsible for the dissemination of information to the membership of the chapter and the public as the Board shall direct.
- Accept responsibilities and duties as assigned by Chapter President and/or Board of Directors
- Coordinate dissemination of information to the membership and the public.
- THE WEBSITE MANAGER:
- Understand communications goals of the chapter
- Follow direction from and make recommendations to the chapter board
- Facilitate and maintain ongoing communication with the board regarding website projects, maintenance, new informational postings, changes/updates, etc.
- Work within time and budget constraints as directed by chapter board
- Updating website information to maintain current, correct postings
- Removing outdated information in a timely fashion – It’s more detrimental to your communications to have outdated information on your website than to have no information at all.
- Checking all links at least monthly to ensure they’re functioning and connecting properly, and that they still contain the information the chapter wants to make available through the link
- Communicating with chapter board or website manager about changes/updates
- Posting new information within chapter’s established time period, as directed by chapter board.
- Working within time and budget constraints as directed by chapter board
- Monitoring feedback from members and other users
Eligibility: Must be a professional member in good standing.
Term of Service: Appointed positions will be for a term of one (1) year or until successors are appointed.
Vacancy & Succession: A vacancy may be filled by appointment by the Chapter President with the approval of the Chapter Board at any regular or special meeting or by email ballot.
Removal from Office
Any chair may be removed from appointed position for failure to:
- Fulfill her/his duties and responsibilities (dereliction of duties).
- Abide by the National AMTA Bylaws, Policy, Job Description, Chapter Volunteer Code of Conduct, Chapter Standing Rules, Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Keep AMTA membership dues current.
Authority: This position has no authority to act on behalf of AMTA or the Chapter to enter into contracts or agreements or to commit Chapter funds.
Accountability: The Website Manager Chair is accountable to the Chapter Board by virtue of appointment and reports to the Chapter President or designated supervising Vice President.
Other Points to Note:
- All AMTA correspondence is privileged and ONLY goes to board members unless the board agrees that something has need to be shared with others. This is absolute. Please do not share anything that is said on this board unless you know that the board wants it to be shared.
- All reports, including resignations, come only to the President, who then can have conversations to update, correct, or call with questions before sharing with the rest of the board. This is for any reporting that you are responsible for and includes things that are to go to National. They should come to the President first and not be sent out to national or others until confirmed by the President.
AMTA- SC Chapter